Stats: 2618 members, 9618 topics. Date: Friday, 14th December 2018 at 11:19am

Welcome Guest!

China Open The World Longest And Highest Glass-Bottomed Bridge (Photos)

2 Replies

China Open The World Longest And Highest Glass-Bottomed Bridge (Photos) by
Godwinsilas . male 9:46am On Jan 6

A terrifying wooden bridge in Central China which was replaced by a glass one, has now be officially opened to visitors as the longest and highest glass-bottomed suspension bridge in the world.

This glass-bottomed walkway, is located in Shiniuzhai Geopark in Hunan, and spans 300m (984f) and is 180m (590f) above ground. The floor is made of double-layered glass that is 24mm (0.94in), and is reportedly 25 times stronger than regular window glass.

The bridge had previously been made of wood, linking the two peaks of Stone Buddha Mountain, but 11 engineers working 12 hours a day converted it to glass. Previously, you were considered brave if you steeled yourself to cross the wooden walkway; now, with its glass bottom, the bridge is already being referred to as “hero bridge.”

It connects two mountain cliffs in what are known as the Avatar mountains (said to have inspired the scenery for the sci-fi movie "Avatar" which was shot here) in Zhangjiajie Park, Hunan province.

It will also feature the world's highest bungee jump and serve as a runway for fashion shows.

Visitors have been reportedly lining up for hours to cross the bridge, but although it can take 800 people at a time, access is being restricted to a maximum 8,000 a day.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Godwinsilas . male 9:57am On Jan 6

Thousands of tourists were spotted trooping to the bridge to have the idea of what it feels like walking at a height with a view of the earth underneath.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Godwinsilas . male 10:01am On Jan 6

The bridge which cost $3.4m (£2.6m) to build was designed by Israeli architect Haim Dotan.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest