Stats: 2618 members, 9618 topics. Date: Friday, 14th December 2018 at 11:52am

Welcome Guest!

Photos: 481 Libya Returnees Arrived At Port Harcourt Int’L Airport

1 Replies

Photos: 481 Libya Returnees Arrived At Port Harcourt Int’L Airport by
Godwinsilas . male 5:11am On Jan 8

A new set of 481 Nigerians rescued from Libya arrived at the Port Harcourt International Airport yesterday, 7th January 2018. They arrived at about 4.55 PM.

While most of them look haggard, some of the females were pregnant and looked tired, a large number of them, especially the young men, appeared emaciated ostensibly due to the lack of adequate food.

One of them known as Lucky Iyanusa from Edo State, a 42-year-old who spoke to newsmen said he went through hell after he was arrested by the Libyan police.

Iyanusa further explained that many Nigerians were killed by Libyan security men for no reason, adding that the entire ₦850,000 he spent in order to get to Europe through the North African country had gone down the drain.

“I travelled to Libya on June 9, 2017. My aim was to travel to Europe and the only way I could achieve that was to get to Libya first. The financial condition with me and my family in Nigeria was bad and I had to sell all my work tools to travel to Libya by road.

“I moved to Libya from Kano State and through the desert. I could not get to Europe because I was arrested by the Seaside (Marine Police in Libya). The day I was arrested, 290 blacks were killed by the Libyan policemen; that was in November, 2017. Nigerians, Ghanaians and Malians were killed. Some had their legs shot and amputated.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Godwinsilas . male 5:14am On Jan 8

See more photos

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest