Stats: 2581 members, 8988 topics. Date: Monday, 24th September 2018 at 12:26pm

Welcome Guest!

Who Is A CEO? Definitions And Explanation

0 Replies

Who Is A CEO? Definitions And Explanation by
Godwinsilas . male 8:20am On Jul 4

Almost all Nigerian business or prospective business owners are CEOs, including the unemployed ones. If you're a Nigerian and you have a business or wish to have one some day in the near future, you're already a CEO. If you think I'm lying goto their social profiles, you will see something like; Self-employed, or CEO. Isn't that interesting? Well I was once a CEO at Leapfame too, but retired now (that's funny right?).

Because of the widely promoted concept of CEO as a celebrity status, many non intellectually advanced Nigerian youth and of course a host of other uneducated graduates have assumed the position of a CEO even without working, or those with entrepreneurial skills who runs a business or startup without any executive position. This is due to the fact that they all live in a fantasy of being a CEO or just plain ignorance.

Well, let's not focus on those who live in fantasies, it's actually not a bad thing to dream big or have some wishes. How about business or startup owners?

Few days ago, I was chatting with a woman who held herself in a very high esteem of a CEO of a certain company. She was so much about it that I have to make a search on her firm. Then I discovered her business was into buying and selling already used electronics and gadgets. So that made me wonder, Who Is A CEO?

Who Is A CEO?

Definition

According to Wikipedia, a CEO which is the short form of Chief executive officer is the position of the most senior corporate officer, executive, administrator, or other leader in charge of managing an organization – especially an independent legal entity such as a company or nonprofit institution.

While according to Investopedia, a CEO is the highest ranking executive in a company, and their primary responsibilities include making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, and acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors and corporate operations.

So in explanation, a CEO is a legal corporate title of a registered business or organization with executive offices or executive positions. While some CEO get to such position based on their degree, other notable CEO are owners or founders.

Now that you who a CEO is, next question is when should I call my self a CEO?

When Should I Call My Self A CEO?
If you're a startup founder, business owner, or generally an entrepreneur, before assuming or calling yourself a CEO you have to grow your firm and register your business with the corporate affair of your country of doing business.

CEO as a titles probably shouldn’t be used until you have employees, customer accounts, cash flow and engagements to manage. So any company, firm, establishment or startup with less than 5 employee or low income is not advisable to have a CEO. This is because title like this have legal implications as well as responsibilities and accountability.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest