Stats: 2526 members, 8467 topics. Date: Monday, 16th July 2018 at 5:03pm

Welcome Guest!

French President, Macron At The New Afrikan Shrine (Photos)

1 Replies

French President, Macron At The New Afrikan Shrine (Photos) by
Godwinsilas . male 8:34am On Jul 4

French President, Emmanuel Macron arrived at Lagos yesterday evening to the new Afrika Shrine which was Fela’s home and music venue to celebrate Nigerian and African culture.

President Macron was received by Femi Kuti, the first son to the late king of AfroBeat Fela Anikulapo Kuti in company of Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

The President who is believed to be the first president to visit the shrine, used the opportunity to inaugurate the African Cultural Season which will be hosted in France in 2020, showcasing music, fashion, cinema and theatre.

The event, hosted by Banky W and Kenturah King, was tagged ‘Celebration of African Culture’ and witnessed massive turnout of entertainers across the music industry and Nollywoood.

Nollywood stars present includes Ramsey Nouah, Joke Silva, Jide Kosoko, Yomi Fash Lanso, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Rita Dominic, Dakore Akande, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Chief Zebrudayya and director Kunle Afolayan.

The French President comment saying:, “I mean Fela, Femi, Seun Kuti are obviously very famous in France and Europe, I mean they are big successes but the Shrine is a cultural hub, an iconic hub and it is very important for me first on a personal level, and that is why I want 2 say with a lot of humility that I recognize the importance of this place, I recognize the place of culture in this current environment.”

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Godwinsilas . male 9:47am On Jul 4

A boy of 11 years old, Kareem Waris Olamilekan an artist presented him a gift. It was a drawing of him, which he drew under two hours . He was then taken on a tour of the shrine by Femi Anikulapo Kuti.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest