Stats: 2597 members, 9263 topics. Date: Monday, 22nd October 2018 at 11:00am

Welcome Guest!

Woman Arrested For Demanding Money To Breastfeed Her Baby

0 Replies

Woman Arrested For Demanding Money To Breastfeed Her Baby by
Godwinsilas . male 9:01am On Aug 8

Kenyan authority has arrested a woman on Tuesday after she allegedly refused to breastfeed her baby until her husband pays her for the service.

Faith Nyokabi a 25-year-old Kenyan abandoned her 4-month-old baby at her matrimonial home in Kiganjo Estate, Thika, Kenya, over a week ago and refused to return unless she receives Ksh.100,000 in cash from her husband, Charles Kiiri.

Kiiri, a 36-year-old man who works as a casual labourer, said he was informed on August 1, 2018, that his wife had taken off and abandoned their little baby at home. He was said to immediately rushed home and found the baby under the care of neighbours who told him that the baby had been abandoned immediately he left for work.

According Kiiri, he thus begged his wife to return home and breastfeed the baby but she reportedly told him that her mother had taken her to a local hospital where she was injected with a drug to dry out her breasts-milk.

Nyokabi is also reported to have told her husband that she was fine but was abandoning the child and wouldn’t go back unless he paid her money for her breastfeeding service.

Not knowing what else to do, the frustrated Kiiri reported the matter to the Thika Children’s Offices and was referred to Murang’a Children’s Offices. Kiiri said the main issue between him and his wife was caused by his mother in-law whom he accused of making frequent financial demands.

The woman was arrested in Thika town and, according to Thika Children’s Officer Lina Mwangi, she will be charged with child neglect and denying a child protection and care contrary to the Children’s Act.

Mwangi has advised Kiiri to search for a temporal nanny who will be taking care of the baby under his watch as the court handles the matter.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest