The siege on the National Assembly on Tuesday by the operatives of the DSS was said to be carried out Daura’s instruction which eventually led to his summary dismissal.
In this report, NAIJ.com provides a brief profile of the newly appointed acting DG of DSS, Matthew Seiyefa:
1. Seiyefa hails from Ekeremor in Ekeremor local government area of Bayelsa state
2. He had his primary education at Local Authority Primary School, Ekeremor before proceeding to Government College, Ughelli in Delta state for Secondary Education
3. He enlisted into the Nigerian Security Organization (NSO) in 1984 after completing his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme at the School of Islamic and Legal Studies (SILS) Kano
4. He attended the University of Jos where he obtained a Bachelor of Law (Honours) Degree in 1982 and was called to bar after attending the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island Lagos
5. He also attended the Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, Jos in 2006, and the University of Boston in 2015.
6. Before his new appointment, he was the most senior director in the DSS, being an Assistant DG
7. He was also the director of Institute of Security Studies, Abuja.
8. With about 34 years of experience, Seiyefa has served in different capacities, including the State Director in Osun, Akwa Ibom, and Lagos.