1. Isiro l'oko dido -calculation is the master of bleeping
2. Aseju ni irun aya, irun abe tito -hairy chest is oversabi, pubic hair is enough
3. Moja mosa laa mo akinkanju loju ogun -discretion is a better part of valour.
4. Pai lotun pai losi, t'oju o ba fo, a ko ma wo bai bai ni -hardship here and there would definitely yield a broken personility.
5. Oro yi so simi lenu o buyo si. Iso o se ponla, iyo o se tu danu -one is in a dilemma to choose between 2 conditions by weighing the merits and demerits.
6. Atari ajanaku kii seru omode -a position of valour is not for childish minds.
7. Aje ke lana omo ku loni, tani o sai mope aje ana lo pa omo je -there was a threat yesterday and tragedy struck today, who doesn't know that its the threatener of yesterday that is responsible for the tragedy.
8. Igi gogoro ma gun mi loju, lati okere laati wo -one avoids danger at the early stage.
9. Ninu odo adagun ni alakan ti le fo epo, t'odo ba di agadangba, a gbe alakan lo -one can make mouth only when the situation of things allows it.
10. Ejawo ninu apon tio yo, elogbomi'ila kana -stop the old and try something new.
11. Eni bama m'obo akoko se bi lagido -to catch a monkey, you must do like a monkey.
12. Omi titun ti ru, eja titun ti wonu e -its a new season, a new era.
13. Ki tan lara were koma ku "HOI" -even after healing, a man once mad would still shout "HOI" once in a while.
14. Enibama ba esu jeun sibi e a gun -you need a long spoon to dine with the devil.
15. Foriti foriti lomu ki ori agba pa -prolonged endurance is what yields elderly maturity.
16. Ori leja fi l'abu ja -it is head fish uses to swim through water