A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PasswordHash has a deprecated constructor

Filename: phpass-0.1/PasswordHash.php

Line Number: 27

Backtrace:

File: /home/leapqmhy/public_html/application/libraries/Tank_auth.php
Line: 3
Function: _error_handler

File: /home/leapqmhy/public_html/application/libraries/Tank_auth.php
Line: 3
Function: require_once

File: /home/leapqmhy/public_html/application/core/MY_Controller.php
Line: 25
Function: library

File: /home/leapqmhy/public_html/application/controllers/Topic.php
Line: 9
Function: __construct

File: /home/leapqmhy/public_html/index.php
Line: 295
Function: require_once

Photo: Students Of KNUST, Ghana Develop Solar-powered Car | Leapfame
Stats: 2708 members, 10157 topics. Date: Thursday, 18th July 2019 at 7:46am

Welcome Guest!

Photo: Students Of KNUST, Ghana Develop Solar-Powered Car

0 Replies

Photo: Students Of KNUST, Ghana Develop Solar-Powered Car by
Godwinsilas . male On Jul 21, 2017

It is a known fact that most cars in West African countries runs on either petrol, or diesel, but that may change soon as Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) students has come together to construct a solar powered car which is capable of carry passengers and goods.

The car which was developed by the Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Physics of the Colleges of Engineering, KNUST, in partnership with the Technical University of Munich, Germany, was inaugurated at the 51st congregation of the KNUST, by the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, in Kumasi Ghana, on Saturday 8th, July 2017.

This comes as a breakthrough as Ghana searches for ways to build a more robust automobile industry with more local materials.

The partnership was for the Global Drive Project “aCar Mobility” and resulted in the development of the aCar prototype in oder to investigate the mobility needs of Ghana by using different models to explore the possibility of developing a vehicle that is affordable, environment friendly using a high amount of locally available materials to respond to local needs.

Professor Kwasi Obiri-Danso, Vice-Chancellor of the KNUST, said the invention was the University’s response to living up to its core mandate of spearheading development of innovative technologies.

He said the environmentally-friendly vehicle, will still be under testing and will be tried over some period of time with the hope of fine-tuning in order to bring it to standard.

When completed it could become the first solar-powered 4x4 vehicle to be manufactured on the African continent.

Professor Obiri-Danso also said that the University’s College of Engineering, had in recent times invented an open-space fire detector, solar-powered traffic lights and drones to support the nation’s development processes.

The professor thereby called for adequate funding of research activities of the University to enable it come out with cutting-edge technologies for the benefit of the nation.

The two-seater car was drive-tested by the Asantehene, Otumfuor Osei Tutu II who is also the Chancellor of the University, he drove the car round a small field and lauded the team of researchers who worked on the project. He expressed the hope that it would encourage the government to be more interested in resourcing the University for more of such innovations.

How hard I've hustled, how hard I've tried, how I never gave up, how I wanna succeed.

Currently viewing this : 1 guest